• Workshops will usually be held from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.each day, unless otherwise stated by your instructor.
• Students should expect to arrive to class on time each morning and stay through the end of the day to ensure a non-disruptive setting for all participants.
• Beginner – Student has good basic drawing skills and some familiarity with the medium used in the class.
• Intermediate – Student draws well and understands the basic elements of design including composition, value, and color. Student is comfortable working with the medium used in the class.
• Advanced – Student has excellent drawing skills and is confident working in the medium used in the class.
• Professional – Student is a working artist and is interested in acquiring additional skills or techniques for professional development.
The skill level descriptions are given as guidelines for your use; it is each student’s responsibility to enroll in an appropriate workshop. For additional information or to ensure skill level requirements, feel free to contact us directly and we will be happy to guide you.
A complete supply list will be sent to you 60 days from the workshop with the class description. Please bring all supplies on your required list. We will make Gamsol odorless thinner available. For a list of art suppliers, visit our art resources page.
Plein-Air workshops require that you bring your own travel easel.
A wait list will be created as soon as a workshop reaches capacity. Should we receive a cancellation, the next person on the wait list will be notified. Please check our website for opening status. Please note: When you are notified of an opening and accept placement in the class, a $200 non-refundable deposit is required.
Registration and Cancellation
• A non-refundable deposit of $200 is required at registration.
• Payment in full is due 60 days before your class begins.
• Cancellations received 60 days in advance may apply their $200 deposit towards a future workshop up 1 year. Cancellations received within 60 days of arrival, will only be refunded if the workshop is filled, minus the $200 deposit.
• All cancellations must be in writing and acknowledged. Please send an email email@example.com
• In the event a workshop does not reach minimum enrollment and needs to be cancelled, all payments and deposits will be refunded in full.
• Deposits will only be refunded in the event a class is cancelled by Wimberley Artist Workshops.
• We suggest that you buy refundable airline tickets in case unforeseen events occur. You may also want to consider purchasing travel insurance to cover a personal emergency.
PLEASE NOTE: Wimberley Artist Workshops is not responsible for reimbursement for days or entire workshops/classes missed as a result of illness, emergencies, or events beyond our control.
Your non-refundable deposit of $200 per workshop can be transferred to another workshop within 12 months if notification of cancellation is received 30 days prior to the start date of the workshop.
Your All Inclusive Retreat Experience is offered at Creekhaven Inn, a luxury bed and breakfast on Cypress Creek, within walking distance to the Wimberley Village Square. Room assignments will be made on a first come, first serve basis. Please advise any physical limitations, dietary restrictions or allergies.